Oh, and the recipe for that amazing homemade Orange Marmalade that's started in the Instant Pot... HERE.
This is what the long handled silicone trivet looks like. It makes taking the cake out of the vessel a breeze.
You can place pans on it or cook food directly on it.
Here's my cute little cheesecake all ready for it's steam bath:@)
1 C graham cracker crumbs
2 Tblsp butter, melted
2 (8 oz) bricks cream cheese, softened
1/2 C sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs, room temperature
- Spray 7" springform pan with cooking spray.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and butter in small bowl. Press in bottom of springform pan and 1" up the sides. Place pan in freezer for 10 minutes while mixing the filling.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Mix in vanilla and add eggs, one at a time, mix just until incorporated. Don't use a high speed, we don't want to add air to the batter, just get everything blended together.
- Pour filling over crust and place pan on trivet (see HERE for how to create a foil sling for removing the pan if you don't have a long handled trivet).
- Add 1 C water to PC vessel, place trivet/pan in vessel.
- Secure lid for sealing, select high pressure, 25 minutes. At the beep allow natural release for 10 minutes, then quick release.
- Remove lid (tipping to side so condensation doesn't fall on cake). Remove cake and look for doneness, if center isn't set, cook for 5 minutes more using automatic release. My cake was done at 25 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake pan from PC, place on wire rack, dab any water from top with a paper towel and cool completely.
- Chill for at least 4 hours in refrigerator before serving.
Have a sticky sweet happy day:@)