You can find a round-up of 10 more zucchini recipes HERE.
Zucchini Relish-from The Ball Blue Book, makes approximately 3 1/2 cups
2 C chopped zucchini-about 3 medium or one large
1 C chopped onion-about 1 medium
1/2 C chopped green bell pepper-about 1 small
1/2 C chopped red bell pepper-about 1 small
2 Tblsp salt
1 3/4 C sugar-I cut back to 1 1/2 C
2 tsp celery seed
1 tsp mustard seed
1 C cider vinegar
- Combine zucchini, onion, peppers and salt. Mix well, cover with cold water and let sit for two hours.
- Drain, rinse and drain thoroughly. (I suggest placing the veggies in a clean dish towel and wringing them out.)
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large saucepot and bring to a boil.
- Add veggies and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pack hot relish into hot jars leaving 1/4" headspace.
- Remove air bubbles, add caps and process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
Let's use up those productive zukes and have a happy day:@)