My jalapenos were cleaned well and this was a very mild, tasty finger food.
If you like things hotter, just remove the seeds but leave the membranes in the peppers.
Cornbread Jalapeno Poppers-from Quick'N Easy Recipes
12 medium/large jalapenos
1 box corn bread mix-plus ingredients on box
1 1/2 C shredded cheddar-1 C for batter, 1/2 C to sprinkle on top
1 C corn-fresh, frozen and thawed or canned and drained well
- Slice each jalapeno lengthwise and clean out the seeds and membrane-a melon baller works great.
- Mix cornbread per package directions.
- Stir in corn and 1 cup of cheddar.
- Fill each jalapeno with batter-just up to the top of the pepper-don't over fill. Place on baking sheet or dish-I covered my baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheddar.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cornbread is firm and cooked through.
- Let cool a bit and enjoy!
- If they won't lay flat (want to roll to one side so the batter drips out) lean them against the side of the baking sheet or each other.
- I did use a from scratch cornbread recipe, and suggest that you don't cut back on the salt. You might even want to give them a light sprinkle of kosher salt once out of the oven too.
- If you have enough corn bread mix leftover that you're worried about wasting it, simply pour into a greased ramekin or cupcake pan and make a muffin or two for breakfast.
- Really love stuffed jalapenos? You can find 8 other variations I've made in my Recipe Index Page under Snacks/Appys then scroll down to "jalapenos".
Have a happy day:@)