8" Butter Cake-adapted from Allrecipes.com
1 1/2 C A/P flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 C butter
1 C sugar-I used 3/4 C
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 C milk-I used half sour cream
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder together. I was lazy and didn't *head hanging in shame*, I will the next time.
- Cream the butter and add in sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the dry to the butter alternating with the milk. Stir until just blended.
- Pour batter into a greased 8" pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approx 35-50 minutes, or until done. Mine was done in 35 minutes.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool. I left mine in the baking dish.
1/4 C butter, softened
1/2 C mashed banana
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla
up to 3 1/4 C powdered sugar
yellow food coloring-optional
- Cream the butter. Add the vanilla and lemon.
- Slowly alternate adding the sugar and banana until you get the consistency you want.
- Store this in the fridge.