Sunday, July 13, 2014

Eagles (or your favorite team) Football Ornaments

I've been itching to make some ornaments and thought I'd start with these cute Eagles Football Ornaments. They'll be for my feather tree HERE, the ring is about 1 1/2" and the spoolie is 2 1/2". The fun thing is, I cut the logo out of the newspaper sale ads about two years ago and pinned it to my inspiration board... Glad I finally used it! The floating football in the ring is connected with fishing line, I simply fed it back up through the hole of each bead and tied it at the top. The spoolie has sparkly black tinsel glitter glued to the top.
Pin It
 Both came together fairly quickly, just had to wait for the glue to dry after each addition to the spoolie.
 This would be a fun idea for any sport and the ring is a great craft for kids to make, 
just gather your team colors!

13 comments:

  1. How cute! I better not tell you my favorite team. Well, Tex would know! haha! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your blinged out spoolie ornament Lynn! So smart to upcycle the logo from the paper too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Lynn. Good for you for having an inspiration board. I cut out articles, file them and often forget about them :)
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are adorable!!!! : ) I need something to do.. lol. Have a great new week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're getting prepared for your favorite team and your favorite time of the year, Lynn. Your spoolie turned out so cute and so did the bracelet. It won't be long until your tree is decked out Eagles-style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I am itching to make something! I guess it's time to start thinking of football season! I love the baby bracelet beads and mini footballs~ the eagle on the spool is very brilliant!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute idea! =)
    Love the letter beads!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I lost my comment. Again...very cute!!! Maybe a good luck charm for the games also?!

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The World Cup is over, so let's move on to the other football! What neat ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Lynn, this is too clever -- you are so creative!! This really is the cutest idea. :-D I do have to say though, that I'm not quite ready for football season to begin. We're currently watching the Tour De France, though it's hard to watch every evening because it stays on so late. Hubby also watched some of the World Cup, especially the last match. I enjoy watching sports, but sometimes need a break from them. ;) I'm thinking about the time the Tour De France is over, pre-season games will be beginning in football.

    Have a great week!

    Big Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!