Monday, November 7, 2016

Buffalo Wing Sauce Brussels Sprouts

I thought this might be a good combination and it sure was! And since it's 'sprout season and they've been on sale for cheap... I ~just may have~ made some three times recently:@) These Buffalo Brussels Sprouts (with or without the butter and breadcrumb noodles) are a fun way to perk up a fall side dish, wing lovers will be happy.
Hot and tangy, I used Frank's Wing Sauce.

 Buffalo Brussels Sprouts
1 lb Brussels Sprouts, trimmed, cleaned and cut into fourths
2 Tblsp bacon fat (can use olive oil or maybe even butter)
S&P
Your favorite wing sauce-I used Frank's
  1. Add bacon fat to medium hot skillet, once it melts add the sprouts. (I like to make sure a cut side is laying on the skillet). 
  2. Let sprouts get brown, stir and flip them to the other cut side. Once that gets brow, stir them.
  3. Add a Tblsp or two of water to the skillet and cover with lid. Let them steam for a couple minutes or until desired tenderness. 
  4. Remove lid, liberally cover with hot sauce and heat through.
Eat well and have a spicy day:@)

I'm Joining:
Mix It Up Monday

11 comments:

  1. You're so clever with your hot sauce addition, Lynn! I'm sure Frank's really perked up those Brussel sprouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't think i've ever had brussel sprouts. i know you love your buffalo sauce...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am addicted to Brussels sprouts Lynn, and cracked up at your hot sauce version, you love that stuff! I prefer mine with bacon or balsamic, but I'll keep this in mind...
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn, My mouth is watering! I love brussel sprouts and the brown bits ends must be heavenly. Yum!! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. That wing sauce will really spice up the sprouts! YUM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could easily make a meal of these!! I love my Brussels sprouts, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a crazy combination! We eat a lot of sprouts, I'll have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lynn, That's a flavor combo I never imagined! We love Bsprouts and buffalo sauce, we'll have to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Roasted Brussels sprouts are one of my favorites for as long as they get browned that's all I care about! Next time, I'll try adding a little sauce to them for a kick :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lynn, you're a genius, I don't know why I didn't come up with this myself ~ the very thought of this is making my mouth water...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!