Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Small Batch Overnight Refrigerator Pickled Fresh Asparagus

I thought my 1/4" thick (or less) asparagus would lend itself nicely to a quick pickle and it turns out, that was a good idea:@) This Overnight Small Batch Pickled Fresh Asparagus made a garlic-y, lightly dill flavored pickle that had a nice crisp bite. Since the spears were so thin I didn't need to blanch them, simply poured the hot brine over the veggies. This is a nice fresh pickle folks, great as a side dish or added to salads, don't hesitate to try it!
 This amount of brine would be good for up to one bunch of asparagus.

Small Batch Overnight Pickled Asparagus
1/2 to 1 small bunch very thin asparagus, washed and dryed, ends trimmed and spears cut into 3 pieces
1 C water
1/4 C cider vinegar
1 Tblsp sugar
1 tsp kosher salt
2 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
1/2 tsp mustard seed
1/4 tsp dill weed
  1. Bring water, vinegar, sugar and salt to a boil. Remove from heat.
  2. Place asparagus, garlic, mustard seed and dill weed in bowl. 
  3. Pour hot mixture over veggies, allow to come to room temperature on counter, cover and place in refrigerator.
  4. Refrigerate overnight (at least), stirring occasionally (I use a Lock-N-Lock and just flip the bowl upside down)-enjoy!
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
Full Plate Thursday
Foodie Friday and Everything Else

9 comments:

  1. These look and sound perfect for the Easter table! For the rest of spring too!! Happy Easter!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw the best looking asparagus of the year in the market this morning! Should have bought some!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn, This small batch pickling is perfect for a Bloody Mary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always fascinate me Lynn, your cooking style is so different from mine. I have only pickled something once, and I can't even remember if it was cucumbers, radishes or onions...pickled asparagus sounds very brilliant, and I agree with Mary, bring on the Bloody Marys!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I would love this, Lynn, and thank you for sharing this small batch recipe with us. I'm looking forward to trying this as soon. What a great appetizer this will make, too, and yes, I agree with Mary and Jenna!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just made them and they are sitting on my counter! Can't wait to try them tomorrow. Thanks, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe all the goodness you share on this wonderful blog! This asparagus recipe sounds delicious as does the cheesy one you posted recently. And those fancy cheesecake strawberries and adorable bunny spritz ~ oh, my! I have a really cute deviled egg pic I want to send to you but can't find your email address in my contacts. If you email me I'll pass it along. Hope you and your boys have an awesome Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, I can't wait to make this recipe it looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Full Plate Thursday and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!